All communication between members is done through Find Your Geek’s messaging system, with members using an anonymous display name and not their real email address. This ensures that no personal contact information is revealed until a member is ready to do so.
This policy covers how Find Your Geek treats personal information that Find Your Geek collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Find Your Geek products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Find Your Geek does not own or control, or to people that Find Your Geek does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Find Your Geek collects personal information when you register with Find Your Geek, when you use Find Your Geek products or services, when you visit Find Your Geek pages.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, postal code and personal interests. When you register with Find Your Geek and sign in to our services, you are not totally anonymous to us.
- Find Your Geek automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Find Your Geek cookie information, and the page you request.
- Find Your Geek uses information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services and improve our services and contact you.
Children under 17 are not allowed to register with Find Your Geek. Any profile suspected to have been created by a person under 17 will be deleted immediately and without explanation.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Find Your Geek does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Find Your Geek Account Information at any time.
- You can cancel your Find Your Geek account at any time by visiting your account settings.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Questions and Suggestions
Effective Date: November 16, 2007